American Craft Beer Comes of Age and Academic Discourse Articles Questions | savvyessaywriters.us
Here are the questions for
Craft Beer article:
- If you were going to explain the ethos these authors establish, where would you start?
- Do the authors have any investment in this topic? Explain.
- How would you describe the tone of the article?
- Are there any specific “moves” the authors make that help establish credibility with the reader?
- Who is the audience and what are they interested in? Does the article “reach” them?
- List some of the values these authors seem to convey to the reader? Do they affiliate themselves with the values of the craft beer culture?
- Would you say there is anything political about this article? Explain.
Discourse in English article:
1.What is the main ethical argument in this piece?
2. As a development of #1, what is this author’s biggest concern with regards to written academic discourse?
3. Describe some of the values that a reader picks-up on in this piece.
4.Find a quote or two that enables you to identify the tone the author uses to clarify the argument.
5. Identify some of the topics of ethos we discussed that you could use to organize an analysis of this author’s ethos.