answer the following questions | savvyessaywriters.us
- Plays and sports like football are alike because they both have _____________.
Limited times and spaces
Referees who wear stripes
Directors with funny accents
- The plot of a play is the same as the story.
- The first scene of a play starts the action and sets the tone and style for everything that follows.
- Which is not a component of a play?
- Nothing is ever resolved in the climax of a play.
- All plays have the same point of view.
- The technical term for background information revealed in a play is ___________.
- Climatic dramas are also known as ___________.
Poorly made plays
Pretty made plays
Ugly made plays
Well made plays
- Plays with episodic structure never have subplots.
- Stock characters are two dimensional, stereotypical characters.
- Which is not an example of an extraordinary character.
- Representative characters are also known as _____________.
- The protagonist of a play is the main character.
- Which is not a trait of traditional tragedies?
- Which is not a trait of a heroic drama?
Noble characters in extreme situations
The complete absence of hope
Verse or elevated prose
A serious tone
- Which is not an example of a melodrama
- Slapstick comedies rely on ridiculous physical activity—often violent- for their humor.
- Which is not an objective of the scene designer?
Set the tone and style of the production
Establish the location and time period in which the play takes place
Arrange eating for VIP members of the audience.
Develop a design concept consistent with the director’s concept.
- Which is not a form of comedy?
- A ground plan is a blueprint of where all parts of the set should be located on the stage.
- The area of the stage closest to the audience is __________.
- Which is not a material or device of scenic design?
- Prop is short for ______.
- Which of the following is not an objective of the costume designer
Help set the style of the production
Indicate the historical period of the play
Show relationships among characters
Provide formal wear for the director and the producer
25. Costumes created in a costume shop are ________.
- Which is not an element of costume design?
- Wigs are considered a part of costume design.
- Which is not a property of stage lighting
- Which is not a type of light used in theatre productions?
- What are two key components of sound technology
Sound recordings and sound mines
Microphones and loudspeakers
Microphones and macrophones
Loudspeakers and quietspeakers
- Which is not a type of musical theatre?
- The government has never interfered with theatrical activities in any country.
- In Sweeney Todd, who is Johanna’s biological father.
- At the beginning of Sweeney Todd, how were Mrs. Lovett’s pies described?
The best pies in London
The worst pies in London
The fruitiest pies in London
The hottest pies in London
35. Sweeney Todd kills his wife.
36. Rent begins and ends on what day?
New Years Eve
New Years Day
37. Which character dies in Rent?
38. In Les Miserables Jean Valjean is originally imprisoned for what crime?
Robbing a bank
Killing a police officer
Careless and imprudent driving
39. In Les Miserables, Marius survives the battle at the barricades.
40. Javert dies after a bloody battle with Jean Valjean.