Challenges Within Healthcare Emergency Management Discussion Question | savvyessaywriters.us
– Comment on one of the key findings described in the Toner et al document.
– Identify other funding sources for your hospital emergency management projects.
Nothing gets done until someone approves an expenditure and writes the check. Emergency management in any hospital is expensive. While some of those expenses must be borne directly by the facility, there are resources that can help – mostly from the feds. This week we will look at some of the grant money that is up for grabs and how to get our share.
- Indentify funding challenges within healthcare emergency management.
- Describe funding resources available for the healthcare emergency management mission.
- Review the grant language for the hospital preparedness program.
Reference to appropriate authoritative resources and official websites. Must be accessible online. Use New Times Roman 12 font with 1” margins and APA style. The answer should be at least 400 words.
The required readings:
– Toner E, Waldhorn R, Franco C, Courtney B, Rambhia K, Norwood A, Inglesby TV, O’Toole T. (2009). Hospitals rising to the challenge: The first five years of the U.S. hospital preparedness program and priorities going forward Prepared by the Center for Biosecurity of UPMC for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services under Contract No. HHSO100200700038C.
– U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response: Strategic Plan 2010 – 2015.
– Review www.phe.gov/about/pages/default.aspx
Attached is an example of a classmate work, but do your original work.