ECO550 Strayer Risk Uncertainty and Managing Incentives Case Study Analysis | savvyessaywriters.us
THIS IS A CASE STUDY REGARDING ECONOMICS- NOT A RESEARCH PAPER. PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS THOUROUGHLY.
CASE STUDY 2: Cases Analysis of Risk, Uncertainty and Managing Incentives
Select a company of your choice, any company but Southwest Airlines, and write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Evaluate a company’s recent (with in the last year) actions dealing with risk and uncertainty.
- Offer advice for improving risk management.
- For the company you selected examine an adverse selection problem and recommend how it should minimize its negative impact on transactions.
- For the company you selected determine the ways in which it is dealing with the moral hazard problem and suggest best practices used in the industry to deal with it.
- For the company you selected identify a principal-agent problem and evaluate the tools it uses to align incentives and improve profitability.
- For the company you selected examine the organizational structure and suggests ways it can be changed to improve the overall profitability.
- Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: One of your references regarding your research should have been published within the last 6 months. Note: Wikipedia and Investopedia do not qualify as an academic resource.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
A Case Study Is a drama: a decision hangs on the balance of a debate
First, every case study has a protagonist that needs to make a decision, or who needs to promote a policy or strategy.
The Protagonist’s job is to make a compelling argument for a specific policy/strategy
·What is the policy/strategy?
·Make the Case that the Policy is Grounded in Theory.
·Address the objections
·Address Overriding Objectives
·Write the Conclusion
Form and format
The heart of the case study the story, a drama that unfolds.
There is some art to displaying your story. Tips Include:
•Make the title unique, this is not a story about THE TOPIC in general terms,
•The research is in the ‘background.’ By the time you write the story, you are the expert. You are not calling on others to establish the authority of your case.
•Open with a statement of the problem. Remember this is a debate to draw a conclusion. You and the reader need to know where this story is going.
•What is the policy/strategy under investigation? The reader has to share your language/understanding of the topic. As your make your argument these are the facts that you are drawing on. (You cite your source, but you make points in your own words directed to the problem you are solving or the policy you are promoting)
•Once you have shared the basics analyze any examples that help explain: challenges, pitfalls, and success of the strategy.
•Recommend the policy or strategy to your specific case
•Sum up your argument.