Philosophy | savvyessaywriters.us
Hi there, i have this homework, must be 100% your own ( no cited, no quoted, no research)
here is the instruction please follow it
Answer the following questions and bring a hardcopy of your answers to class . Your answers to these questions will form the basis of our class discussion.
Your answers should be based on your own reflection on, and ideas about, these topics. This is not a research assignment. There are no ‘correct’ or ‘incorrect’ answers, only more or less reflective/thoughtful answers. Your work will be assessed on the basis of the quality of your reflection (and not whether or not your professor or classmates agree with your ideas). Answer thoughtfully:
- What is sex? What is gender? What is the relationship and/or difference between these terms? Why do we distinguish these terms?
- What is the difference between ‘male’, ‘man’, and ‘masculine’? Between ‘female’, ‘woman’, and ‘feminine’? What is the relationship between these terms?
- What is sexism? What are some of the ways in which our society (or the society in which you were raised) has, in the past, been sexist? Are there ways in which our society (or the society in which you were raised) is still sexist?
- What are some of the ways in which you and/or your peers have been raised according to gender norms?
- Are there, culturally and generally speaking, differences in the ways in which we gender socialize boys (or men) and girls (or women)?
- How do we, both individually and collectively, enforce or reinforce social norms (both with respect to gender, specifically, and social norms, in general)?
- Do you think social norms (in general or specific norms) make you (or others) unfree? Why or why not?