Strategic Brand Placement and Product Categories in a Supermarket Analysis | savvyessaywriters.us
Go to the grocery aisles at Kroger, Walmart, or Meijer.
Find a product category (can include non-food items). Click a photo of it (enough that I can see the shelves top to bottom).
Submit the photo and answer the following questions:
1. Where did you go? What product category did you pick?
2. Where did your eyes go first in evaluating the alternatives? Why?
3. Which brand has the preferred placement? Where was the placement? How many items of the brand were there?
4. Which brand has the least preferred placement? Where was the placement? How many items of the brand were there?
5. How many brands in the category were present? What was the breadth and depth of the product offerings?
6. What were the commonalities of the products in that particular aisle? Why do you think they were grouped this way by the store?
7. What products were on the end-caps (the end of the aisles facing out to the common traffic areas)? Why do you think they were placed there?
8. Briefly describe the layout of the store. How did you feel being in the store? What kind of atmosphere/customer experience does the store have? Could you find things easily? Did you want to stay or do your business and leave quickly?