Week 11 Mixed Methods of Research Discussion | savvyessaywriters.us
Discussion: Moving Forward with Mixed Methods
Consider what you have learned about mixed methods research and its history. From that viewpoint, discuss the future of MMR—in all of its complexities and ongoing debates—and your role in it. Revisit the goals you discussed in your Module 1 introduction. Where are you in relationship to those goals? Have you developed new ones or amended the original ones? Where are you in relationship to developing your MMR proposal? What are your next steps, and what kinds of supports do you have and will you need?
In Week 1, you discussed what you hoped to accomplish in the course. In the final week of the course, reflect on your accomplishments, your Final Project and answers to the following questions:
- In your opinion, what is the most critical issue facing MMR in the future?
- How do you plan to move forward with MMR?
- What else do you need to know about MMR, and how will you find this information?
- As you put the finishing touches on your Final Project, consider the timeline required to accomplish your research plan. What contingencies do you have in place if one of the multilevel components does not proceed as planned?
- The dissertation process is challenging and iterative. Consider ways that you can keep yourself motivated during the proposal reviews and the data collection, data analysis and writing process.
By Day 3 of Week 11
Construct a 3- to 4-paragraph post where you reflect on what you learned in the course, and respond to the bulleted prompts in the “To prepare” section of this Discussion.